The 9th edition of the Technological Ecosystems for Enhancing Multiculturality (TEEM) conference will be held in hybrid format from October 27 to 29, 2021. It is organised by the Institut de Ciències de la Educació, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya BarcelonaTECH, with the support of GRETEL (Group of REsearch on Technology Enhanced Learning of La Salle, Ramon Llull University). This event brings together researchers and postgraduate students interested in combining different aspects of the technology applied to knowledge society development, with special attention to educational and learning issues regarding, but not limited to, the following broad-scope research areas: Educational Assessment and Orientation, Human-Computer Interaction, eLearning, Computers in Education, Communication Media and Education, Medicine and Education, Learning Analytics, Engineering Education, Robotics in Education, Diversity in Education, Gamification and Games for Learning. TEEM is divided into thematic and highly cohesive tracks.
Each track shares the scientific and formal aspects for paper submissions, peer reviews and publication. Nevertheless, the track chairs will organise the proper dynamics to achieve the most important goal: to create a researching community. Therefore, the conference social events are open to all participants, including those registered as students, for strengthening the intercultural and multicultural skills among them, independently of the tracks they are involved.
List of Tracks
- Track 1. Computational thinking and robotics in education
- Track 2. Implementation of Qualitative and Mixed Methods Researches
- Track 3. Bridging the diversity gap in STEM
- Track 4. Gamification and Games for Learning (GAMILEARN)
- Track 5. Educational Innovation
- Track 6. Impact of state-of-the-art technologies on medical training processes and clinical practice
- Track 7. Engineering Education: New challenges, new approaches
- Track 8. Identity, technology and education. Identity construction processes in hyperconnected ecosystems
- Track 9. Communication, Education and Social Media
- Track 10. Smart Learning
- Track 11. Personal Learning Environments
- Track 12. Lab-based Education
- Track 13. Learning Analytics: Moving on?
- Track 14. Evaluation in education and guidance
- Track 15. Doctoral Consortium
- Special Track: AGORA-EcoSystem: Re-Thinking, connecting, sharing and starting synergies
Authors are invited to submit full, original, unpublished research papers that are not being considered for publication in any other forum. The Program Committee will referee all submissions for quality, originality, and relevance.
All papers will have 5-8 pages and will be written following the template provided by ACM (https://www.acm.org/publications/taps/word-template-workflow) and should apply ACM Computing Classification categories. The template provides space for this indexing and point authors to the Computing Classification Scheme at: https://www.acm.org/publications/class-2012. It is mandatory to use the new Microsoft Word ACM Primary Article Template. Read carefully the information provided in the following link: https://www.acm.org/publications/taps/word-template-workflow.
Check the paper preparation and submission details at https://2021.teemconference.eu/submission/.
The paper must be submitted through EasyChair platform at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=teem21.
- Paper Submission:15 May 2021, Extended Deadline: 7 June 2021NEW FINAL DEADLINE: 4 July 2021
- Notification of acceptance:15 June 2021, Extended: 7 July 2021New DATA: 18 July 2021
- Registration deadline:30 July 2021For special cases maximum DEADLINE: 3 September 2021
- Camera-ready deadline: 13 September 2021 ( HARD DEADLINE).
All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings, which will be published in the ACM Digital Library as a volume in its International Conference Proceedings Series with ISBN and indexing in SCOPUS.
Authors with best papers will be invited to prepare and submit extended versions to be considered, after a new peer review, for publication in several special issues in scientific journals. Some of them are mainly linked to specific tracks (as it is described in each track page), others have a more transversal scope and papers from all tracks may be invited.
After the complicated past year 2020 by the SARS-CoV2 virus and COVID-19 disease, we hope that this 2021 will improve. Taking into account the schedule of the conference (October 27 to 29, 2021), and wishing that the pandemic containment and vaccination processes have made positive progress, but also understanding that there may be travel problems, the TEEM 2021 will be carried out in HYBRID MODE.
This means that we have designed a conference so that it can initially be attended in person or in virtual both to present your contribution or follow the presentations and other activities. However, and depending on the progress of the pandemic, a totally virtual modality, such as last TEEM 2020, could be changed throughout September and will be communicated throughout that month.
REMEMBER, that this year and due to the changes in the ACM functionality, it will be mandatory to follow the deadlines for submitting the papers, the review process, as well as the registration of the accepted papers and final submission of the camera-ready papers (formatted using the ACM templates and macros, being the responsibility of the authors and session chairs to do ON TIME, see important dates section).
All questions about submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
More information in https://2021.teemconference.eu